A Caring, Stress-free Atmosphere
Welcome to our nationally recognized memory care residences – Cohen-Rosen House and Connections at Landow House. We combine an innovative setting with a family-style approach to help residents with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia enjoy a meaningful and engaging life.
Here, every experience helps nurture connections to family, faith and values, caregivers and neighbors, the natural environment, comfort, and security.
Empowering Memory Care With Knowledge
At Charles E. Smith Life Communities, we draw on the latest research to provide innovative memory care that empowers individuals and their families. At our BCAT® Cognitive Center of Excellence, our healthcare professionals use the BCAT® Approach, a science-backed multifaceted approach to meeting the needs of residents and enhancing their independence.
Components of the BCAT® Approach:
- The BCAT® Test System helps identify those who may have dementia and, if so, assess their level of cognitive impairment.
- Every individual receives a truly personalized wellness plan based on their strengths, abilities and unique needs.
- BCAT® Intervention Programs offer activities to enhance brain health and cognitive wellness and evidence-based strategies to reduce dementia-related behaviors.
- The BCAT® Approach provides helpful information and guidance on cognitive decline and a robust brain fitness program for residents and their families.
- The BCAT® Approach also offers specialized training for our associates to ensure successful communication and a person-centered approach to assisted living.
It all adds up to giving individuals more knowledge, control and independence at a time when they need them most.
Collaborative, Integrated Care for a Better Quality of Life
To deliver exceptional memory care, we’ve brought together a talented team of specialists and caregivers. According to research, this collaborative approach between team members and residents improves outcomes and increases quality of life.
Our specialized team includes:
- On-staff, on-campus physicians who make home visits
- Registered/licensed nurses, 24 hours a day
- Certified medicine aides
- Certified geriatric nursing assistants
- Activity and dementia care specialists
In addition, residents have access to physical, occupational, and speech therapies, and the top-ranked Warren R. Slavin Post-Acute Care Center at Hebrew Home of Greater Washington.
Two Memory Care Options, Two Distinct Choices
Connections at Landow House
Spacious, All-New Memory Care Residence
Connections at Landow House, our new memory care neighborhood, offers an innovative design based on a traditional assisted living model. Individuals enjoy the privacy and space of a one-bedroom apartment home. The familiar, homelike setup includes a kitchenette, private bathroom, walk-in closet, and a living-dining area.
Outside the apartments, a relaxed, welcoming setting and creative programming and amenities invite residents to connect with neighbors, family and friends. Personalized solutions help make every day go smoother.
Award-Winning Design Feels Like Home
Cohen-Rosen House reimagines memory care to feel more like a household. Designed to resemble a classic ranch home, residents enjoy the natural rhythms of the day, moving between social spaces and the privacy of their own studio suite with full bathroom.
With just 18 people living at Cohen-Rosen House, residents enjoy truly attentive support. Our professional caregivers are residents’ genuine partners. They get to know each person and work to anticipate and understand their needs and wants.
Our universal worker approach trains everyone in Alzheimer’s and memory care. Every caregiver knows how to help with dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, housekeeping, recreation and dining. Our associates are all Life Skills Assistants, trained to enhance our unique household design.
Learn More About Our Residences
Cohen-Rosen House and Connections at Landow House offer distinct options for memory care on campus, each with their own unique personality and possibilities.