Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Charles E. Smith Life Communities. Please complete the forms marked with an *.
Step 1 – Provide Information.
- Volunteer application including authorizations and confidentiality statement.*
- Reference form.* Give this to a supervisor/coworker, teacher or friend who has known you over one year. No family members please.
- Parental permission form for volunteers age 10 – 17 (included in the application form).* Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult who must also complete application.
Step 2 – Attend Orientation
Please select an orientation date based on the schedule found on our website and confirm which one you will be able to attend on your application or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be prepared to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Provide date of last flu shot.
- Be willing to wear a mask at all times.
- Anyone volunteering more than 8 hours/week must submit valid proof of negative TB test taken within 12 months of application or a chest x-ray taken within the past five years.
- Adults: complete our online background check, provided free of charge, as part of our regulatory compliance. You will receive an email with further instructions. Clearance takes approximately two weeks and must be received before you can start volunteering.